1. I accept that I’m not perfect, and there’s no perfect time. Too many people are hanging around and waiting for the perfect opportunity – or the time when they are perfect and have all the skills they need. But life rewards effort; so get out there and work hard … and eventually you’ll find that you succeed and reach your goals .

2. I can’t please everyone no matter how hard I tr. No matter what you do or how hard you try there will always be someone who’s disgruntled or upset. So, don’t look for affirmation; just do what you think’s right.

3. I will participate in something I believe in. It doesn’t really matter what activity you choose, as long as it is something that ignites your passion … as this will bring fulfillment and true meaning to your life.

4. I will learn to prioritise and do what matters first. We all get distracted by what seems to be most urgent … or something that is fun and makes life less of a burden. But if you’re going to succeed you need to set priorities. Don’t allow what’s less important to distract you from your course.

5. I will be select when it comes to choosing friends. We’re influenced and shaped by the people we spend time with. Their impact is profound – even though this is subconscious. So be wise in who you choose to be your confidantes and friends. Surround yourself with people who inspire and motivate you.

6. I will be there for others, and will help them if I can. In life, we reap what we sow – and that’s a crucial principle. That means the more that you help others, the more they will help you.

7. I will choose to focus on the positives. Our thoughts affect our feelings and the ways that we behave. If you don’t expect success then it’s likely you will fail – in your work, relationships and life in general. So listen to your self talk … and straighten out your thinking … and start to focus on the positives!

8. I will true to myself. You can’t be happy living someone else’s life. You need to discover and develop your own authentic self. That’s when you’re truly beautiful, and life feels meaningful.

9. I will live in the present and enjoy the “now”. The past is gone and the future isn’t promised. Life is happening in this moment, so seize the day and enjoy “now”.

10. I will look for the good and be thankful for each day. Life is full of gifts, if we will only stop and notice. If we choose to be thankful, and treasure all life’s gifts, then we’ll find our lives are filled with joy and happiness – and the hurts and disappointments won’t weigh us down as much.