I believe that all people feed off inspiration. There is a misconception that says people should stop doing so much and slow down. This isn’t always the case. Instead, people should be chasing after their inspirations - which for some people might actually be slowing down (possibly meditating or reading). For other people it might be painting or writing poetry. This is what sets us apart. Humans are naturally creative and inspired. Find what has made you crazy with excitement in the past and choose to turn to that when you’re feeling down. I know you know the feeling because it’s amazing.
“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To them… a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create — so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, their very breath is cut off… They must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency they are not really alive unless they are creating.” - Pearl Buck
My point is - You choose your own goal. You choose your own purpose. Chase what inspires you. For some people it might be a state of inner calm. For other people it might be completely different. I’ve had so many people tell me to slow down, but I don’t want to slow down! Being busy is how I find peace. Being INSPIRED is how I find peace (so much so that I would say inspiration is more important to me than happiness). It makes me feel alive. So I say to the world - stop trying to be what other people say you should be and invent yourself. You are unique. You are at your best when you’re inspired. Give it a try.