I think the reality of what I agreed to yesterday started to set in. I still don’t know what I need to do to fix up the community center. I really feel like I should have spent more time working out a plan of action.

I knew I needed to start doing something, so I went over and looked around in all the different rooms. Most of them are pretty rough, but I noticed that one of them had some strange plaque in the center of the floor. I tried moving it, but nothing would make it budge. After staring at it for a minute, I could begin to see that there was something written on it, but I couldn’t tell what.

It all looked like gibberish, or like when you accidentally change the font on a document you’re writing to webdings. I tried to study it for a bit longer, but I realized that I was wasting time and not getting anywhere with it. So I headed out to the mine to gather more resources. I guess I don’t know what I’m going to need, but I definitely feel like I’m going to need more materials.
I did pretty good finding some copper and other raw materials. But I soon discovered that I’m going to need a larger backpack if I want to be serious about getting a good haul out of here. Strangely enough, I also found a couple odd scrolls, which had some more cryptic markings. They were similar, but different from the ones in the community center. Since I could take these ones with me, hopefully I can take them to Gunther to see what he can tell me about them. Maybe I’ll actually sit down and work out how to put the community center back together too.