Today reeked of post-party introvert isolation. That isn’t to say that I didn’t enjoy seeing and talking with everyone yesterday. Just that spending so much time with people is really taxing. I mean, I just really didn’t want to see anyone today. Well… almost anyone.

I cut through town on my way to the beach, and I spotted Penny, reading quietly in the shade of a tree. She was so drawn into her book that she didn’t even see me. I know it’s super cheesy, but I didn’t want to startle her by saying “hi” so I emailed her instead. Luckily for me, she still had her phone on. We chatted for just a moment, and she told me she was recharging after the festival with a book. I mentioned that I like to recharge by working on a project, and we agreed not to hold each other up. So I carried on to the beach.


I brought a ton of wood down from the farm with me, and set out trying to repair the washed out bridge. It took most of the afternoon, but that didn’t bother me a bit. After falling into the river a couple times, I finally got the old bridge restored. It felt good finishing a small project. Once I was able to get to the other side, I found a couple cool shells and a sea urchin. The extra beach area looks like a great space for Jarvis to run around in. I’ll have to bring him down some time. But for today, I think I’ll wander through the Cindersap for a bit and then go to bed early. Parties and festivals are fun, but days like today really feel the best.