You're probably thinking you couldn't live a day without your phone, but would you even consider marrying it to show the world how much you are actually emotionally attached to it? Los Angeles director Aaron Chervenak drove all the way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to marry his smart phone.

In a video explaining the rather odd marriage, Chervenak said,  “If we’re gonna be honest with ourselves, we connect with our phones
on so many emotional levels. We look to it for solace, to calm us down, to put us to sleep, to ease our minds, and to me, that’s also what a relationship is about.”

He then continues: “So, in a sense, my smartphone has been my longest relationship. That’s why I decided to see what it was like to actually marry a phone.”

Even though the wedding took place earlier this year, on May 20th to be more exact, it’s actually not recognized by the state of Nevada because it’s not yet legal to marry your phone, or any other gadget for that matter. Which is a good thing, if you ask me, because I am almost sure that many would regret it later on.

Chervenak hopes that the video serves as a symbolic gesture to society’s love for our phones and many other gadgets. Though he married his phone to prove a point, it’s definitely still a little strange. However, he has surely managed to catch my attention!

You can watch the whole ceremony below.