Let me just tell you, in all honesty, that I have never watched a single episode of the 'Desperate Housewives' series. Therefore, I have no right to judge it, however it's plot has always seemed pretty cheesy to me. How have I managed to excuse myself from the mass hype, I'll never know.
It didn't take me very long to be taken from a loading screen to creating my own little family. Creating a desperate housewife reminded me very much of Maxis' The Sims, with little more customizable features. I was very surprised by my husband's good looks, but my housewife's closet, however, was a disappointment, to say the least.

I found myself in a brand new house on Wisteria Lane, where the neighbours and characters of the series welcomed me to the neighbourhood with a cup of tea and a fair share of initial gossip while unlocking the a secret gossip or two.

Tasks and small contracts are combined in this game. Every time you complete the main tasks set completely, you can move on to the next episode. Each episode has it's own events and dilemmas. However, there's a downside to all that fun. I quickly fell into repetition with the minigames in this game. Gardening, cooking and poker are all fun minigames, but they quickly managed to bore me. Mainly because they were hardly challenging.

This game has a Sims-like feel and very identical appearance. The idea is more or less the same, but this game is more story driven. You also have a need for social contact, hygiene, fun, the standard Sims package. Only these needs are somewhat easier to satisfy than in the other title.

When the main objectives are done, there's not much left to do but to play again and choose different reactions to see what the consequences are or uninstall the game.